Muktinath Tour by Bus: Kathmandu to Muktinath by sharing Bus
|Jan 24, 2023|
|Muktinath Tour Package|
Muktinath Tour by Bus is the cheapest travel option to visit Muktinath Temple from Kathmandu. Traveling in a group sometimes might not be possible and traveling alone or in two will be costly. In such case, joining in a sharing trip will be the best alternative. Yes, nowadays there is an overnight bus available from Kathmandu to Muktinath. It is sharing local bus that departs every day from New Bus Station, Kathmandu. We can manage the bus ticket for your travel and organize a package trip to Muktinath with a guide.
The trip begins with a visit to Pashupatinath Temple on the first day. Take grace with God Shiva then transfer to the new bus station at Gongabu. Around 3:00 pm departs Kathmandu to Muktinath on a sharing bus following the Prithvi Highway. The route passes through Pokhara, Beni, Tatopani, Ghasa, Marpha, Jomsom, Kagbeni, then to Ranipauwa, Muktinath.
Arrival Muktinath on the next day afternoon, hotel checks in and take a short rest. After refreshment, walk for half hour up to the temple and worship Muktinath God. Afterward, spend overnight at Ranipauwa Village then, next day morning drive back to Kathmandu on the same bus. Similarly, arrive Kathmandu another day and transfer to the hotel.
Day 01: Kathmandu Arrival.
- Welcome to Kathmandu.
- You will be picked up by our representative.
- Transfer to the hotel near Pashupatinath Temple.
- Hotel Check in and rest.
- After short rest visit Gujheshwori Temple and Pashupatinath Temple by walk.
- Back to the hotel and free time.
- Overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: Drive Kathmandu to Jomsom.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Free time till 1:30 PM.
- Transfer to the Bus Station, 7 km- 20 mins.
- Check into the sharing Bus.
- Around 2:30 PM drive to Muktinath following Prithivi Highway.
- Road crosses through Malekhu, Mugling, Pokhara, Nayapul, Beni, Tatopani, Ghasa, Lete, Marpha then reach at Jomsom next day.
- Break at Pokhara or Nayapul for Dinner.
- Overnight bus journey.
Day 03: Drive Jomsom to Muktinath & back to Jomsom.
- Morning around 10-11 AM reached at Jomsom Village.
- Short rest and break for Lunch.
- First acclimatization.
- After rest drive to Muktinath by sharing jeep/bus, 22 km - 2 hrs.
- Arrival and hike for 15 mins plain and 15 mins ascending up to the temple.
- Take a holy bath under 108 water springs and 2 Holy Kundas.
- Darshan of Lord God Vishnu.
- If you feel comfortable to breath stay at Muktinath.
Day 04: Drive back to Kathmandu.
- 6:00 AM: Morning again visit the temple.
- Back to the hotel.
- 8:00 AM: Drive back to Jomsom by sharing jeep/bus.
- 11:00 AM: Drive back to Kathmandu by sharing jeep/bus.
- Overnight Bus Journey.
Day 05: Arrival and rest.
- Around 6:00 - 7:00 AM arrival at Kathmandu.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- Free time and rest.
- Overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 06: Departure.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Free time.
- Hotel Check Out time 12 noon.
- Airport Check In time 3 hrs prior to the flight.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- Trip finished here!
Kathmandu to Muktinath by Bus Tour Cost:
INR 21,000/- (10% Discount) = INR 18,900/- per person
(Cost valid for Indian Citizen only)
- Kathmandu airport arrival and departure by a car.
- Twin bed sharing hotel accommodation at Kathmandu and Muktinath/Jomsom.
- Breakfast and Dinner at Kathmandu Hotel.
- Kathmandu Bus Station pick up and drop by a car.
- Kathmandu to Jomsom and back by a sharing overnight Bus.
- Jomsom to Muktinath and back by sharing jeep/bus.
- Gujheshwori and Pashupatinath Temple visit by walk.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project Permit (ACAP).
- Trekker's Information Management System Permit (TIMS).
- Whole tour escorted by a guide.
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
- Horse Hiring Charges at the temple.
- Bar Bills like Mineral Water, Beer, Whiskey etc.
- Extra expenses occurred due to landslide, strike, political unrest.
- Extra stay charges except than above mentioned places.
- Rest of all that are not mentioned in cost includes.
What Customer are saying about Muktinath Darshan?
Most memorable trip to Muktinath
I am a solo Piligrimage Traveller and for the first time travelled through travel agency along with my Father. Fortunately my entire trip was like a surprise package since I had no clue about the routes that I would come across while traveling to Muktinath Temple.
Nipender who was the Operations Lead at Lumle Travel Agency accompanied us throughout the duration and educated us about each and every detail of the locations and the history behind it. We had a very skilled and professional Driver too who made the journey ease and fun.
There was no issues with Accommodation and food during Muktinath Yatra. Also, we could stop the vehicle in between for site seeing and taking pictures without any restrictions.
Overall my Dad and I were completely satisfied and happy :)
Comfortable and well organized trip to Mukthinath
Traveled to Muktinath in November 2018 with parents and aunt. The trip (3D/2N) was organized by Lumle Holidays. Nipendra, the Operations Manager accompanied us personally to Mukthinath Mandir. We were received at Kathmandu airport and took different modes of transportation during our trip. The stay, travel and other arrangements were taken care perfectly and never even once there was a hiccup. Nipendra went above and beyond and helped us with everything.
Right from the detailed mail for my initial inquiry, to the constant follow up messages till we reached our home (in Chennai), Nipendra made sure we were more than happy to choose Lumle Holidays. I was a bit nervous about the safety and health of my parents since it was cold (-4 degrees) and the travel might be tiresome. The itinerary along with Nipendra's guidance made sure we had a nice time throughout the trip.
Do not think twice before booking with Lumle. Make sure you discuss all the plans and choose the one which is preferable. You will definitely get good guidance from Lumle Holidays.
Excellent arrangement by Lumle Holidays
Mukthinath is a vaishnavite holy place and one of the 108 Divya Desams. We went from Bangalore to Kathmandu via New Delhi. From Kathmandu, we were taken by road to Pokahara. From Pokahara we flew to Jomsom and from Jomsom we went by Jeep to Mukthinath. At Mukthinath we went by horse and Dholi was arranged for my 78 years old Mother In Law. Mr.Nipendra of Lumle Holidays was very kind, informative and made all arrangements in Nepal. We traveled back the same route. On the whole arrangements were excellent.
First, TripAdvisor should have a drop down for just Family. It has only options as Family (children ) and Family (Teens)
Regarding lumle travels, great team !!
Operation Manager Nipendra knows hospitality and operations well with a personal touch. I travelled to Mukthinath Temple with my mom who is at 88, and Nipendra knew the requirements. He was there for everyone's needs appropriately. Keeps tab of energy levels too and guides you well.
They had given the travel estimates also very clearly and there are no surprises.
Will definitely recommend Lumle Travels and Mr. Nipendra for Trip Advise at Nepal.
P V Narayanan
Religious tour to Muktinath and Kathmandu
Recently we had an oppurtunity to visit Kathmandu and Mukthinath. A friend of ours recommended Lumle Holidays. we are extremly happy that we engaged them.We four people, all senior citizens went to Kathmandu. We are happy to say that from the time we landed in Kathmandu to the time we left the services rendered to us was exemplery. They had planned well to take care of our travelling, lodgings, and the arrangements were excellant. Their operation manager Mr.Nipendra Maharjan who accompanied us throughtout the tour is knowledjable cooperative, pleasent mannered and good organisor. We thank him very much for his help.
To Those who wish to have personalised,comfortable and well planned trip We would recommend Lumle Holidays.