|Jan 29, 2017|
A perfect refresher for those who are unable to go on an extended trek, this is the easiest hiking package available in Pokhara. With just 3 days of normal paced walking, you can reach two unique viewpoints and enjoy some of the best creations of Mother Nature.
Day 1: Kathmandu - Pokhara
Day 2: Pokhara to Bagar - Dhampus.
Day 3: Pokhara - Back to Kathmandu
- Your guide will meet you at your hotel or any convenient location in Pokhara. A brief introduction follows. You will have enough time for shopping. You may consider buying some packed food items, water and the items mentioned in later sections of this page.
- Breakfast followed by a short rest.
- Start hiking from Pokhara to Bagar. 'Bagar' in Nepali means riverbank or beach. It lies on the on the way to Pame and can be reached in about an hour from Lakeside.
- Hike to Sarangkot where there is a village occupied mostly by Damais (Damai = tailor in Nepali). From Bagar it normally takes 2 hrs to reach the top of the hill.
- Check-in at a local teahouse accommodation, have lunch and get some rest.
- In the evening, walk to the viewing-tower to watch the sunset.
- Return to the teahouse, have dinner and retire for the night
- Wake up early at 5:00 AM
- Walk to the viewing tower to see the sunrise, one of the most photogenic views of nature. Almost of the Annapurna Range and a part of Dhaulagiri glisten in different shades when they are lit by sunrays. Visibility however, depends on weather conditions.
- Return to the teahouse, have an early breakfast and prepare to leave.
- Resume hiking at about nine in the morning. In about 3 hrs you will be at Naudanda, yet another spot for sighting Pokhara city and Fewa Lake which appears to have a metallic lustre on its calm surface.
- After walking an hour further you will arrive at Ghatte Khola.
- Lunch followed by a short rest.
- Resume hiking. It takes about two hours to reach the top of the hill of Dhampus. The village has a majority of residents from the Gurung ethnicity.
- In the evening, take a walk through the village and go to the viewpoint to view the sunset.
- Walk back to the teahouse, have dinner and retire for the night.
- Wake up early in the morning.
- Walk to the viewpoint to see the sunrise. The place has a great view of Mt. Fish Tail. Visibility depends on weather conditions.
- A visit to the local shops and schools.
- Breakfast at the teahouse and pack-up to leave for Pokhara.
- Resume hiking all the way to Pokhara.
- If time permits, you can ask the guide to show you some interesting places (restaurants, bars, etc.) in Pokhara city.
We had taken a Mukthinath Tour organised by Lumle Holidays. We had started the tour from Khatmandu . we were given a excellent guide Mr. Mahdav. We were given a very homely treatment, excellent accommodation and royal treatment.
The tour was customized for our needs. We never felt we were away from home. All our needs were taken care off and we had a wonderful Dharshan at Mukthinath besides, all other temples in Pokhara and Kathamandu too. We would recommend these tour operators very highly.
I and my wife had undertaken a 10N/11D tour to Nepal with the Lumle Holidays. The tour encircles the places like Kathmandu, Pokhara, Chitwan, Lumbini,Daman, Nagarkot. The whole tour was organised by Lumle Holidays. I should say that I am more than satisfied with the arrangements made by Lumle Holidays. Moreover the reciprocation and behaviour of MR Sharma and Mr Maharjan was worth mentioning. They were always replying fast to my emails and other communication.
The hotels provided was among the best as per my budget. The travel arrangements were also very good( not to forget about Mr Tika, who was the friend, philospher, guide and driver for the entire tour). On a n overall basis I am pretty well satisfied and would look forward to contact them in all the future Nepal tours.
It has been a real pleasure dealing with Lumle Holidays. Initially we were a bit skeptical dealing with Nepal tour operator remotely. However, as responses and details were received, our confidence grew. Our main intent was pilgrimage to this holy place starting from Kathmandu.
All aspects of the tour program were clearly documented and all arrangements done including some of our special requests with reasonable charges. Travels, accommodation, entry tickets, sight-seeing and food arrangements/ suggestions were handled very well. Not only our main intent - Muktinath darshan, but also other attractions at Pokhara, Kathmandu and Manakamna enroute were covered - beyond our expectation. It was tailor made to a 7-day 6-night program (though normal standard seems 6D/5N). Despite some scares about possible weather / flight disruptions, we had a very good journey and darshan & sight seeing all through.
Ask them all questions what to carry and what not, and all tips about restaurants shopping etc,, you get response soon.
Overall it was time and money well spent with a professional operator.
The various guides were very knowledgeable & friendly, including Mr. Sharma himself and Mr. Maharjan & driver cum guide Teeka-ji. Professional dealing, homely comfort, good decent accommodation and transport.
Me and my family, total four member were planing to have a darshan of Muktinath and this makes possible by Lumle Holidays. It was well organised, well co-ordinated and special appreciation to Mr. Nipendra Maharjan for promptly calling and caring about our journey. Weather was really favorable on us and we saw the closest snowcapped mountain from Jomsom like standing infront of us.
On the whole it was a good trip and willing to visit Nepal again with these people. I do recommend to all to go with this company.
At the outset Mrs Jothi & I (we) would like to convey our heartfelt Namaste and thanks to you & your service.
We are extremely happy about our entire trip. It was very nice of you to come to airport on 03 March, 2014 to pick us up - a gesture we will never forget. You have organised good hotels for us. We felt at home and enjoyed our stay.
Om's Home Hotel stay at Jomsom unforgetable. God had blessed us and weather which we would never forget for our life. We had good Darshan of the Lord Vishnu. Mr. Krishna took care of us very well. My thanks and regards to him.
Your driver Amir was good, safe driver and a nice guy, my thanks to him.
Our stay in Kathmandu was good, thanks for taking us to Pashupatinath Temple and arranging for Krishna Mandir.
Overall our experience was great and we throughly enjoyed your company.
Once again we thank you for your extremely good serivce and our regards to your family. May god bless you all.
We look forward to seeing you again in future specially Mount Kailash/Mansarover & if god will help Muktinath again.
Please visit us when you come to India - Chennai.
Thanking you once again & warmest regards.
Dr. VENKATESAN SOUNDAR RAJAN,
Vihaya/Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, India.